Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Identity crisis

My very first blog post. Ever... In my life. I have about a million things going on lately, and can't quite decide which direction to charge. And now I'm adding a blog? Awesome sauce.

About a year ago I started sewing for money. I sew accessories: handbags, kids clothes, gadget covers etc. Then I got into photography. Well, then I got MORE into photography. I learned how to use my Canon DSLR outside of auto (Yay me!) and figured out that I'm pretty good at getting great pictures. Now I'm obsessed with learning everything photography.

Here are some images from a recent shoot with my own little princess:





So, now what?

I still love the sewing. I love creating something that wasn't there before. I love making a product that my clients love, buy again, and buy for their friends. It may be that I'm a bit too much like my grandfather who, so I'm told, was into every 'get rich quick' idea that came his way and they frequently overlapped. While I have no delusions about getting rich with either of these endeavors, I definitely tend to move on to a new project leaving the old one unfinished or even forgotten. It is a bit like a dog and squirrels. SQUIRREL!! Wait... what was I talking about?

On top of these creative and business endeavors, I have a burning passion for politics and, in case you hadn't noticed, campaign season is in high gear and keeping up with my candidates is exhausting.  Did I mention I also have two children? Well, you might not know by this blog, but they come first. At least I hope they do.

The one thing that's clear? I need to prioritize and organize. I am not someone who does either of those things... at least not on an extended basis. Also, I am a procrastinator. My name is the root of that word (really, it's right there in the middle) and while I do work best under pressure, there is no need to take it to such extremes that the dishes don't get done or I don't feed my family!

For now, I think I'm going to focus on the photography. (??) And sew on the side when there is time. The sewing was making me actual money, but whatever! Oh, and the politics, and traveling while the Marine is away and...

No comments:

Post a Comment